you have only
taking a picture
and looking at the
image and staring
in the mirror and
looking at your
you don’t get to see
the way your eyes
light up when you talk
and you can never
see how beautiful
you look when you
it’s really is kinda
sad that you never
actually have seen yourself
but I can promise you
I will be here everyday
to tell you what i seeR’J
How to be Alone: A video that changed my life.
This is an amazingly inspirational creative piece.
I honestly just want to say thank you for not erasing my text, just to replace it with yours when this video is so special to me. Thank you so much for not doing that. <3 That was so kind of you.
I believe my life may have changed from watching this. It’s a whole new perspective on being alone. I love this
I get so overwhelmed when I see this again and again on my dash and watch the notes grow.
I KNOW THIS WOMAN I’ve met her she lives in my hometown she was our poet laureate for a year
THIS VIDEO LITERALLY CHANGED MY LIFE and taught me how to embrace my introversion and was my inspiration for going to dinner alone and going to movies alone and traveling alone and it’s still relevant and still challenges me on a daily basis
I’m so glad that so many people get to know Tanya Davis and this incredible piece of art
Still one of my favorite things ever
This was incredibly inspirational
Reblogging this for all the lonely people out there and for myself. Alone is a beautiful thing. Here is a video to tell you why.
Well I’ll be your shade tree in summer
If you’ll be my fire when it’s cold
I wanna spend my forever like that
(Source: winaprimasuri)5411 plays
my favourite poem in the world
I was always confused as to why people said they felt butterflies.
What did it mean to have butterflies in your stomach when you liked someone?
What did it mean to have butterflies in your stomach when someone liked you?
And why did I never have them?
Amanda Helm - Butterflies (via amandaspoetry)
but now there are butterflies in my chest cavity, collar bone, kidneys, toes, and all over.
there are butterflies all over,
because of you.
I had a headache all day today and Im at my friends house, and she has a ukulele and garage band.. so this is what happened in the past 20min..
(via sv27)152 plays
1. When your friends ask you to hangout, and you don’t feel like it, don’t go. Don’t ever do things halfway or do something that makes you uncomfortable. With everything, give all of yourself, even the pieces you never knew existed.
2. It is okay to not know. Everyone always despises the phrase, “I don’t know” but no one tells you that it is okay to not know. The becoming is more important than the being, anyways.
3. If someone ever makes you feel less, in any way, you have every right to walk away. You have every right to cut out toxic people in your life. To close the door on people who make you feel bad about who you are or what you stand for. Friends don’t tear down, they build up.
4. Loss is always going to happen. Just like paint will always chip and rain will always fall, loss will always be part of life. No matter how much I don’t like it, or avoid it, it is going to walk my way at several times in my life. Learn to embrace it and learn to get closure.
5. Give yourself a chance. Stop saying, “I don’t think I can” or “But what if I am not able to?” and give yourself a chance. This may be cliche, but try to believe in yourself. When you get older, your knees won’t work the same and you won’t have the best memory, and you are going to wish you’d given yourself a chance years sooner.
6. Fall in love. Don’t be guarded before you fall in love. You could fall in love three times and still not find the right one, but none of it is going to make “the one” matter less. Don’t fall into that idea that your first love has to be your best love. Fall in love as many times as it naturally happens.
7. Firsts are going to be messy. First loves, first kisses, first dates, first failed tests, first college class, first time you drive a car, first time you ride a plane - first times were made to be imperfect. Just because it’s messy and all over the place, doesn’t mean it can’t be good or worthwhile.
8. You want another scoop of ice-cream? Go get it. Get three more scoops of ice-cream if that is what you want. “Fat” is not the opposite of beautiful and it is not the opposite of happy. Don’t let anyone tell you that your body type isn’t beautiful. Beauty is a social construct, create your own, become your own.
9. Let yourself be alone. Loneliness is not a bad thing. It is healthy and normal. Everyone needs to spend a good portion of their life alone. We learn who we are when we are alone; life is less crowded and more clear when we are alone.
10. If you aren’t happy where you are, change it. Quit your job, move, become a vegetarian, get a new hobby, pick up an old hobby, whatever you do - make sure it benefits you. Life is too short to not be alive, to not be passionate, and overflowing." Amanda Helm - Ten things I learned before I turned twenty (via florida-sounds)